About our school
At Kentucky Virtual Academy (KYVA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with KYVA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages KYVA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
KYVA at a Glance
Open to full-time Kentucky residents in grades K–11*
Kentucky's first K12-powered online school
State-approved education from the comfort and safety of home
Certified teachers trained in virtual instruction
Dynamic curriculum designed for online learning
Career and college prep starting in 6th grade
Career-focused courses in high-demand fields: Business & Marketing Education, Computer Science
Personalized success coaching
Extracurriculars, career clubs, and other social activities
Backing of a 20-year leader in online education
At KYVA, we believe kindness is key to creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. Keep the lines of communication open through:
You'll also receive textbooks and other hands-on materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
Ready to join us?
Create or access your existing Parent Portal account to begin the enrollment process.
*Kentucky Virtual Academy currently enrolls students in grades K–11 for the 2023–2024 school year. Grade 12 will be added the following school year.